Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fabric Challenge.......finished finally!!

You may have noticed that I disappeared for awhile from my blog.  Or you may not have! lol.  But I have not even turned on my PC for awhile.  There seems to be a nasty bug doing the rounds around town and I may have caught it.  Well, I hope so because if not then all the nausea I have been feeling is going to turn into quite a surprise in 9 months!  Nausea and keener sense of smell are the only symptoms I have got and everyone is saying "preggers" at me.  I got my tubes done about 15 years ago so I don't think that is it!! 

Oh, and I am doing stupid things.  For example I bought a new kettle, filled with water and boiled it, then tipped it down the sink to clean it out.  I felt the pouring was a bit slow but didn't bother checking and boiled some more water for a coffee.  Still pouring a bit slow.  Had a look inside the kettle and found the instruction manual still in there.  A bit soggy and falling apart.

So a bit sick, a bit stressed because I have to wait till the end of this month to do the pregnancy test.  Even though I am 99.9% sure I am not, it's that small uncertainty which has me worried.

Anyway!  I haven't been feeling like sewing much as my brain has gone elsewhere.  After all this time I have finally finished my fabric challenge.




There are eight grommets hammered into this bag.  I had to leave the room while hubby did it for me.  Using a tool he made, to do what I wanted.  I told him my plans of wanting bronze grommets on one side and silver on the other and wanted to make two male grommets work together.  A special tool was needed and hubby came up with the goods.  Had to alter one side of the grommets, but finished off being just how I wanted them.








It's reversible!  Red with beige linen themed on one side and green and grey linen themed on the other.

In my not well state I have forgotten to take a proper picture of the red and cream side!!  Shit this is not my month.  I don't want to leave posting this bag as my challenge partners have waited long enough.

I used bits of all the fabric prints sent to me.  I hope this is exceptable to have some on the inside of the bag.  Fingers crossed that it is exceptable and they forgive me for going over the allotted time.

I also had to go away up north for a work related conference.  The conference lasted a week and I will show a pic tomorrow of what I get paid to do. he he

UPDATE:  I have found out that I forgot to say where I found the pattern for this bag and it's designer!  Thanks SoozeM.

Pattern from April 2009 issue of "Stitch" and designed by Rashida Coleman-Hale.  It is a great pattern.

While I am here I may as well post the picture of the red side of the bag which I had forgotten to take yesterday.

7 comments:

SoozeM said...

Your bag is gorgeous, I am sure your partner will LOVE it! Did you use a pattern?

Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Cyndi said...

Oh Kylie, I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I hope it's just a bug and not the "preggars" thing, unless of course you want to be preggars! :o)

Don't worry about going over the time limit...I'm sure Melissa is not worried about it. And your bag turned out beautifully! Wow, I love how you used all of the fabrics...they all came together so well. And wow, your hubby must be a genius to figure out how to make a special grommet tool. Great job all around!!!

Feel better and drop my my blog tomorrow if you feel up to it...I'm posting my June give away!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Kristen said...

Nice bag! I love how it is reversible. Grommets scare me.

You poor thing! It is terrible thing to be sick. I'm glad you are back and hope you feel more like your creative self soon!

Donna said...

Kylie, Your bag looks great! I'm not even finished with mine but it won't be nearly as snazzy. I don't have time with just getting home from a square dance festival and getting ready for a daughter-in-law and three little grandchildren. It's busy around my house. :o)

Fine Hand said...

What a gorgeous bag! love it...I will have to look for that pattern

jane p said...

I was gonna say, Hope it's a bug and not the other thing but it sounds so wrong. So whatever it is, hope everything turns out well. The uncertainty is the sickening bit.

Your bag is just marvellous. It looks like so much work and isn't it nice to have a man who can do grommets?

Anonymous said...

what a lovely bag :) I like it..
and thanks for visiting my blog :)

see you soon :)