Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here's a finished clutch



Just a quickie tonight to share this clutch I made using Noodleheads beautiful Gathered Clutch Tutorial.  As usual I recycled.  Remember those 3/4 LOUD patterned pants that were around a few years ago?  Well, I still had a few pairs taking up room in my wardrobe so I have started cutting them up.  The fabric from them is a soft brushed drill cotton that is good for pouches, wallets etc and the room growing in my wardrobe is good for a shopping spree!


Inside the clutch is some credit card pockets and clutch divider.  Strap seen is a sneak in cameo appearance from my camera strap and not a strap for the clutch.  I was thinking of adding one for my next clutch and also making the clutch a bit bigger next time.




I also wanted to show my luck at winning these patterns in a giveaway that  Melissa of Ardea's Nest gave.  Really like those Walking Frame bags!  Guess what all my colleagues at work are going to get this Christmas? lol   (Shoot!  I think they read this blog!) 

That's it from me.  I am going to be away for a week and may not have access to the internet so enjoy yourselves and I will catch up on your blogs when I get back.

14 comments:

Vanessa Hewell said...

Your clutch turned out so well! That plaid lining is super cute.

Laura said...

Thanks for showing us your finished project...I have so much little bits of material to use up...this would be a great way!
Blessings,
Laura

SoozeM said...

Wow wish I had pants like that in my wardrobe, it turned out so cute!!

Melissa ;-) said...

Cute! I like that gathered front. Is that your pattern? I hope your week away is a good one!

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

cute clutch .
happy mothers day !!
hugs

Maureen Makes It said...

The clutch is great. You just inspired me. I'm taking a break from cleaning out my closet right now. I'm going to see what I can repurpose.

Lucky you to win those great patterns, too!

Merry said...

What a beautiful clutch.....

Marie said...

Lovely! As a follower of my blog I just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway this week (ends May 16th) to thank all my followers for sticking with me, so if you'd like to stop by and add your name I'll see you there! Good luck -Cheers, Marie x

Beeshebags said...

Great work Kylie. Love the clutch, I'm sure Anna loved seeing the one you made. Hugs Naomi

Donna said...

Kylie, that is gorgeous! I love the detail in it. I'm so glad you are able to get to some sewing!

Donna said...

Antmee, I forgot to let you know that I'm giving away three things for the Sew Mama Sew giveaway if you would like to enter.

Catherine said...

LOVE the colours in that one - it's very unusual, you put great fabrics together - lovely.
x x x
Catherine

Fine Hand said...

Love this clutch! nice work and thanks for the link to the tutorial.

American Quilter's Society said...

Great work! We look forward to seeing and reading more from you.

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com