Saturday, November 20, 2010

Matilda


This is Matilda.  My second swap finished for the swap I am participating in.
She has been received by Sue from Girls Shed and Sue named her Matilda.  I think that name suits her well.


She has the cutest face!  I really enjoyed making her and she is a rather thrifty bear seeing how she is made out of an old chenille bedspread.  Makes her look rather 'shabby chic'.


Her jacket is made out of cheap woolen quilt batting.   Fabric for cuffs are recycled scraps from an old blouse I have been cutting up and the ric rac and lace are from an op shop.  So you could say she is quite the recycled bear!


A close up showing patchwork heart and jacket band.

A little story I will share is that on completion of jacket when I went to try it on the bear, I expected it to fit.  It didn't and I thought I had made my bear too fat.  I looked at the instructions and pattern pic again and found to my relief that the jacket wasn't meant to fit and just be caught at the chest with a few stitches!  Whew!


A close up of yo yo flowers.

See I have been busy sewing this bear so that hopefully explains my absenteeism from my blog over the last couple of weeks.

Pattern was from the magazine "Handmade"  Vol 24 No 6.  The designer is Anna Jarman. 

Well, I think that's it for today! 

Cheers

14 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

Matilda is so cute:)

Sue Niven said...

she is a real cutie!

jane p said...

Your recycled bear sure doesn't look recycled. Good job. I like the patchwork.

Karen said...

She is adorable!!!! You have done an excellent job. Love the thriftiness.

Merry said...

Oh wow...your partner is so lucky...this bear is so lovely.

Vanessa Hewell said...

so sweet! great name too :)

Melissa ;-) said...

She is just beautiful and I do love her face!

Cyndi said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Kylie, Matilda is one of the cutest softies I have ever seen and you have done a magnificent job on her! She has the sweetest face ever! Well, well done, my friend. I love her!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Maite - vitoma said...

Una preciosidad.
Bss.

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

lovely bear...
I love it.Congratulations.

Kristen said...

What an incredible bear! He is sooo cute! You're blow me away at stuffie making!

Just Ramblin' said...

Love Matilda and her jacket is so clever. You did a great job. Nola

Billie said...

So cute, love the detail! Very nice!

Sammy said...

Mateldia is beautiful. Good job. Thanks for visiting, and the pattern is blossom bag. The bag is a bit of a challenge to do, but the result will be fabulous.


Love,

-Samya :-)