Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finally! A Finish!

These sleeve protectors are the only things I have finished this "flat out" month of April.  I decided to do some Japanese embroidery on one and almost completely made the brown ones by hand!  I am a slow stitcher so no wonder they took so long.


They look better "in person" than they do in the photo above but not as good as the originals from Mairuru.  You can see her lovelies and see the tutorial she wrote here.


Just made it to work in time to deliver these to a colleague before she knocked off.  Which was the second time today that I drove into work because after getting up early,  ready for work and driving in,  I found out that I am on the roster to work tomorrow.  Not today!  So off I go driving home a bit embarrassed and check my diary to see that its correctly written for Friday but I have incorrectly written that I am working Thursday on my calendar in the laundry.


That grey and brown fabric is actually the same piece of fabric!  Grey one side and brown the other.  Recycled from a pair of slacks.

Now onto some doll staining!

12 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kylie...I love them.....you are amazing....they are the most up market sleeve protectors I have ever seen..

Gracie "Neky White" said...

I want to try that tutorial too!! Your protectors looks gorgeous for me n_n

Donna said...

Wow Kylie, These are so cute! You did a great job. I have never seen sleeve protectors before, but these are veyr pretty!

Cyndi said...

Kylie, I'm with Donna above me. I've not seen sleeve protectors before, but yours are looking very lovely! I really like that gray and brown fabric!

XOXO,

Cyndi

P.S. How do you use them?

jane p said...

I've been living in a cave all these while becos I've no idea what or why a sleeve protector exists. But they look good.

Merry said...

I think these look wonderful Kylie but I too am curious what you use them for? Really enjoyed your link as we have a Japanese student with us at the moment.

antmee said...

Sleeve protectors are useful for when you are cooking. Protects your clothes and arms from hot splashes eg: gravy or oil.

Unknown said...

Hello!
I am loving those wonderful sleeve protectors! they look waaaay toooo lovely to muck up in the kitchen! lol! That is really a fantabulous idea!
hugz, Pam - who is watching your blog now so as not to miss this doll's arrival!!! giggle...

Pat said...

Very nice, and a very good idea. Love your blog. Happy Quilting!

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

hello:
perfect , lovely ,nice work.
that is really wonderful protectors.
hugs

DaCraftyLady said...

really cute I love the fabric...great idea!! :) Debb

Sharon MLS said...

These are great! And to think, you stitched one set by hand! That should count double for opam! ;-)