Friday, October 29, 2010

Ginger Kitty Softie

Hey!  I finally have something to blog about!  I have finished a swap (and she has been delivered) so I can show you what has been keeping me away from not only my blog but probably yours as well!


'Hanging with my homies' said kitty.



'What do you mean "I might get sold"?' asks kitty.



'Oops!  Your right!  I can see a customer eying me off right now!' cries kitty.

Thank goodness my swap partner Sue loves her gift.  Now I have to get back to the grindstone and finish another three swaps.  One almost done.  The other two started.  Then I will have more to blog about.

For your information:  Pattern is "Chester the Cat" by Cheryl Ross of Tears Bear Patch.  Pattern found in Patchwork and Stitching - Vol 6 No12.

I used orange polar fleece for main body.  Polyester quilt batting for paws, muzzle and tummy.  Felt for nose, collar and cheeky tongue.  A small amount of plastic pellets were used in paws and tummy.

Have a great day!

19 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Love it! Love it Love It!!!

Beeshebags said...

Awwww how cute.....Sue emailed me to say she had received a gorgeous cat from you, but being that she's a cat lover, I thought she was exaggerating...but nope, she was being dinky die with me....you've done an absolutely amazing job hun. Pat yourself on the back. Hugs Naomi

Karen said...

Oh that is soooo cute! Fantastic job.

Maite - vitoma said...

Super original tu gatito, me encanta.
Bss.

jane p said...

Your kitty sure knows how to pose high-fashion!

Angela said...

Adorable kitty Kylie! Glad to "see" you, it's been awhile.
Take care,
Angela

Fine Hand said...

your little kitty is sooooo sweet! love the orange fabric choice...so soft and cuddly.

Pootle said...

Awwww how cute!!

Donna said...

Beautiful AntMee!! He's darling!

Donna @ Comin' Home

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

lovely kitty...

SewSofie said...

Too cute!!

WHen you get a chance, please pop over to my blog:
http://sewsofie.blogspot.com/2010/10/squeezing-in-some-sewing.html

Catherine said...

I'm not a fan of cats but i LOVE him! He's got so much character! Aw. Look at him there on the shelf!
x x x

alliecat said...

Gorgeous cat, well done!

Pootle said...

Ive nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Details over on my blog if you fancy playing along. x

Mare said...

I like this cat:))...so cute:)).....
I also wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hello, as well as for the kind words about swap :))......
I hope you have a good night:))...
greeting from croatia:)....
M....

Julia @ Blue-J Cottage said...

Hello!

This cat is so cute, and I have a cat of my own just like this at my house. I have looked everywhere for this magazine and then I finally realized it is an australian magazine.... :o( Would there be ANY chance you could email me the pattern?

Please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

antmee said...

Dear Julia
As I can't find a contact for you I will leave my reply here:

I think I have a copy if this pattern in a spare magazine that I will post to you. Send me your address at antmee@hotmail.com.

Off to look for spare mag now.

Kirkskornerathome said...

That kitty is adorable. Thanks for your recent comment on our blog. Commenting makes blogging a lot more fun.

Amy

Sammy said...

Lovely,and adorable.

Love,

-Samya :0