Monday, June 25, 2012

A project finish

Actually I am happy to say I have finished a couple of bags.  But I am only showing one today as I want this to be a quick post not a novel.



Love the colours of pink and chocolate!  This bag was a joy to make.  I used cotton for the outer fabric and the lining.  For the interfacing I used some soft cotton flannel.  It gave the bag some shape without making it too stiff and rigid.  I used the Phoebe pattern from  Artsy Crafty Babe.


The lining has a inserted zipper.  (not part of the Phoebe bag tutorial).
I also added the lobster claw thingy to attach my keys to.



You may have noticed I haven't been blogging much.  Well I am going to be honest and say I have lost my blogging mojo.  Its got to the stage where I am afraid to do a post!  Yes strange I know. 

So to try and combat this I am going to do short posts for awhile and hopefully two or more a week.  I haven't decided on which day of the week this will be.  It all depends on when I get regular free time and access to my own laptop.

Back soon with another bag finished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bag is gorgeous! I have that pattern but haven't made one yet. Glad to see. You around again, you have been missed!

Cyndi said...

Hey Kylie! Love, love, love your bag! I have made quite a few "Phoebe" bags, and like you, I always change/add pockets and stuff to my inside. I'm looking forward to seeing your other bags!

I also haven't been blogging much lately. I still do love it, but it just takes up so much time that I don't have to spare right now. Just happened to pop on here this morning and saw your post...nice to see you, too! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Karen said...

I really like the bag design. Does it work well? It always takes me time to adjust to a new bag. My blogging is not very often these days either so I have taken to doing 'wordless wednesday' posts. I am loving it. I don't care if they don't get much of a response.